Sunday, August 29, 2010

First morning in Salvador da Bahia!

Bom Dia!!

I sat next to Silvia on the flight from Miami to Salvador. She was visiting Recife, where her family lives. She was very nice, and was so interested in my project she offered her email address! Very cool.

Jailson picked me up from the airport, and I confess I was a little scared of the car ride to my host family. It seems that the lines dividing the lanes are only suggestions. I made it safely to my host family, and Jailson was very helpful in answering my questions about Salvador. The coolest part about the ride in was the random agogo playing I heard.

My host family is WONDERFUL! Sandra e Carlos take such good care of me and are very patient with my difficulty speaking português. Sandra served for breakfast pineapple, pão (bread), jam, café, e guava juice. Very tasty!

The street of the apartment is very loud and busy, so when I arrived at their casa at 730am, it was difficult to take a nap (I didn´t sleep much on the flight). After my nap I had a really cold shower :/ Either hot water isn´t needed this close to the equator, or I didn´t know how to work the shower that well. I think I heard a cuica being played while I was there. wow.

So for everyone wondering how I am: I´m FANTASTIC. This is going to be the best idea I´ve had until now! :)

Tchau!

(why are they playing early 90s American pop music in this internet cafe??)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Jenn!!! Good to hear you made it, and even better to hear you are getting to know a good amount of people.

    Mikeevans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and eagerly await your next entry! Here's to yummy food and some good rest! beijos, jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you made it and everything is going so well! You're gonna have a blast! Keep posting and include some pics if you can! ;)

    ReplyDelete