Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mid-week four... 2 meses mais...

I've decided to go with posting photos on Photobucket in addition to Flickr:

http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb464/jenn2brazil/

Mas, no new photos just yet! Check back!

Quite an eventful day today, yet slightly unfocused! I took the bus to my percussão professor's stop and there was a HUGE error in planning. He told me he couldn't teach today, but could teach Wednesday. I didn't interpret that, and showed up today for a lesson and he wasn't there! Oopaaah... Turns out I'll just have an extra lesson next week, but I can't believe I confused quarta-feira and quinta-feira after three weeks! Lesson learned.

I took the rest of the day to review my Portuguese grammar before dinner. Slightly successful!

For dinner, my friend Victor cooked a traditional Dominican dinner (plátanos, abecate, ovos, pão com tomate, e queijo frito... e uma cuba libre!!)Muito bom!

At dinner, I requested that everyone speak Portuguese despite my language barrier, and it turns out that I can understand a lot more than I expected! There are some nuances I cannot pick up, but I suppose I cannot be so attached to conversation nuances in a language I just started learning. In English, I realize I thrive on understanding the nuances... which I think makes me feel like I don't know enough Portuguese, despite learning at an average rate. I am trying to not feel overwhelmed. :)

I've met some great people here, so it's going to be extremely difficult to go back to the states. I never knew people could be so awesome! I've decided not to think too much, and to worry about things as they come (Obrigada Maria, Jess, e Jess!)

Beijos

No comments:

Post a Comment